Monday, February 9, 2009

Journal Question 3

I want to talk about funny story in the United States. Now, I have lived in the United states for one year. When I came in the United States, there is nothing to do myself.
I could not count money and could not say anything, because I came here after Finishing military service and had not studied. I had an idea coming to United States from I was middle school student. But, I thought that "my life will be started When I get there." It was my big mistake. If I studied English from that time, I was already university student. I have lots of happenings about the United States. Before coming to the United States, my uncle said "fallow many people, Don't miss line." But, I missed my line because of restroom. So, It took so long time finding my bags. And, when I passed the door, A woman needed my thumbprint. I guess she said " put your thumb on the scanner". But, I could not nderstand. She said again and again. But, I could not understand. Eventually, she caught my thumb and copied my thumbprint herself. And, I said sorry and smile. After that, I wanted to get some drink, so I chose one bottle of coke. A salesperson said something, but I could not understand. So, I put $10, $5 and $1 on my hands, and then he counted coke price. Other story is when I was in the class. I think it was GE1 class. I said something to teacher, but teacher could not understand, so the teacher said, "Say that again?" So, I said "Again" very confident. At that time, my classmates laugh, but I do not know Why they laugh. Now, I know why they laugh. Funny stories makes people happy, when they hard to work. In my case, When I study and feel tired and bored, I always think about my funny stories. It gives energy to me.

No comments: